GETTING YOUR SUGGESTV FEED FROM BRIGHTCOVE
If your video content is stored in Brightcove then the below will explain all you need to do to produce a Suggestv ready feed from Brightcove Video Cloud.
Step 1: Client ID and Client Secret
1. Log into the Brightcove Video Cloud dashboard and select Admin from the studio header.
2. Click the API Authentication link. The API Authentication page will open displaying your current client registrations.
3. Click Register New Application.
4. Enter 'Suggestv' as the Name and 'Suggestv video recommendations' in the Short Description.
5. Select all of the accounts you wish for Suggestv to include video from by selecting them and pressing the '>' arrow to move them into the Selected Accounts column.
6. Under Exposed Brightcove APIs, in the CMS column, tick the following:
- Playlist Read
- Video Read
And under the Players column select:
7. Click Save
8. You will be give a Client ID and a Client secret. Copy and paste both of these into an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org (along with the other details required from the sections below).
Step 2: Your Account ID
1. Select Admin from the Brightcove Video Cloud studio header then click Account information.
2. On this page you will see you account number under the 'Account' header.
3. Copy and paste this into an email and send to email@example.com (along with the other details required from the sections on this page).
Step 3: Create a new smart playlist
1. In the Brightcove Video Cloud studio side navigation panel, click the Create Playlist link.
2. On this next page, set the playlist type to Smart.
3. Enter 'Suggestv' as the playlist name.
4. Select every single tag that you have (or that you would like Suggestv to include).
5. Copy and paste the Playlist ID and send to firstname.lastname@example.org (along with the other details required from the sections below).
Step 4: policy key
1. If you have a policy key (not all sites do) then please also send it to email@example.com (along with the other details required from the sections below).